Defensive Driving Skills
May 25, 2012 § Leave a comment
Understanding the severity of road accidents in Tanzania I will fully dedicate this blog to safe driving practices. Thousands of people in My country and in the world at large are dying because of road accidents. Causes of road accidents are many, however, a large proportion of car accidents is due to human error. Some are due to road and car conditions but even on these, human beings still have greater role to have control on them. A behavioral change to all who use roads will to the greater extent reduce accidents and consequently deaths, injuries and loss of properties.
So what do we do with this blog?
1. Share the information on defensive driving skills freely
2. Learn from the already happened incidences and near misses
3. Share country statistics and communicate them in a simple manner for all people to understand
4. Advise the authorities in our communities to enhance and maintain road safety practices thus including constantly reviewing and maintaining road signs
5. To eliminate corruption from amongst few vested with the responsibility of safeguarding road safety to ensure equity in enforcing rules when people do not want to comply
6. Recognize professional drivers who drove whole year incidence free and actively employing defensive driving skills in his/her work